Thursday, May 19, 2011

Finding X!!

I've always said to myself I will never be involved in politics but life can be political so as music and more. So my post (below) reflects how I really feel (sometimes) so here is my next view.

Many South Africans went out to cast their votes (on the 18th May, 2011) for a better and stable life. The sceptical and hopeful went out too, while, we, the non believers and the less interested, decided to sleep in and vegetate in our homes. The many that did vote made us feel guilty for not participating in any form. My question is, isn’t it a democratic right NOT vote? Well, the many I know feel the same and we decided to practise that right.

I asked @ntuli why she didn’t vote and she said “I just didn’t want to, no matter how much my voice counts”. Mathlogonolo aka Dirty Mula, felt that “if there was another party that spoke to him and DELIVERED what's promises, I’d be voting”. While me on the other hand, feel the same as Dirty Mula and @ntuli, only that my views are a bit abroad.

The ANC, promises and promises but when it comes to election day, they buy votes. They make and present speeches you’d swear Barak Obama wrote, rally in places you never heard of, promise things our parents are still waiting for. I understand, acknowledge and grateful for what the party has done for black people during apartheid. We are not in that era anymore and just because I’m black it doesn’t mean I'd have to vote for them. Even though its Youth leader is a complete joke in my eyes, I still feel like Juju needs to grow up, but not on my watch and my vote.

The DA, is the old Charlie’s Angels of three shades. I’m happy for the affirmative action but I still feel, Helen and company have a lot to DO and CORRECT before they want to be kissed on the butt for what they did. What she, Helen, has done is nothing compared to the ANC, IFP, AZAPO nor the PAC but doesn’t make her a better candidate to get my vote and my voice. So, sorry Gogo Helen, as soon as you have dealt with the garbage in Western Cape and other things that the ANC fails to do, I might just take you seriously.

Then there’s IFP. 1st of all I’m Pedi living in Johannesburg and originally from Rustenburg. I don’t see how such a tribal party would deal with my issues on both provinces I reside. The problems in the IFP camp are gradually showing the characteristics of COPE. If the IFP stops seeing itself as a tribal party, then maybe I’d play Tuks during their rallys and support their mandate. Its leader has been president for decades now and i still don’t know what his strategies are.

Dear COPE, I don’t know if I should cry or laugh. The party seemed as great idea at the time. This was the party that was supposed to outsmart all parties. COPE was supposed to be the iPhone compared to Nokia, Samsung and Motorola. The sad thing is that its internal problems became public knowledge. This Mickey Mouse party made Cartoon Network look like it lacked content. It’s disappointing to find grown ass men fighting for the presidential chair like two homeless guys fighting over glue.

As much as we point the finger as non voters, we also blame the media for only providing us with these “big party’s”. I bet there are some proper parties making a change but not given the airtime to showcase their worth. So now do we blame me or millions of others who felt it was better to watch repeats of programmes than to vote for the next tenderprenuer?

All we hear is corruption, missing millions, law suits, court cases, racism, black, white, Indian, coloured blah blah blah ... We are bombarded with such negativity that its draining to vote for a better life! Yes we do want change and it begins with us but who do we REALLY trust to deliver that for us? And why?

No comments:

Post a Comment